Dr. Kwabena Duffuor has rubbished media reports suggesting he would be contesting in
the 2020 Presidential Elections to be elected as president of Ghana.
The former Finance Minister under Former President John Attah Mills’ administration
said he has retired from active politics – thus, has no intentions of becoming a president of this country.
“For the avoidance of any doubt, I wish to put on record that I have no intention,
whatsoever, to contest for any elective public office,” the statement read.
See full statement below:
RE; KWABENA DUFFUOR TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT IN 2020.
My attention has been drawn to various publications on some media outlets and social media suggesting that I intend to contest for President in 2020.
For the avoidance of any doubt, I wish to put on record that I have no intention, whatsoever, to contest for any elective public office.
I have served my country in various capacities and consider myself a statesman who is retired from active politics.
God bless Ghana.
Dr. Kwabena Duffuor
Recommended for You...
- May 21, 2017 Mzbel advices Mahama not to contest 2020 election
Controversial Singer Mzbel has advised former President John Mahama not to […]
- March 29, 2017 I almost quit politics in 2008 – Former President Mahama
Former President John Mahama has revealed he almost quit politics to go into private […]
- March 31, 2017 Akufo-Addo to begin 3-day ‘Thank You’ tour in Ashanti Friday President Akuffo-Addo is expected to begin a three-day thank you tour in the Ashanti […]
- January 30, 2017 Sylvester Mensah for 2020 posters pop up
Posters of Sylvester Mensah have popped up announcing him as the preferred choice […]
- January 29, 2017 Appointment Of Cheremeh Shows Disrespectful Nature Of Prez Akufo Addo – Kontihene The Kontihene of Sunyani Traditional Council, Nana Bofotia Boaponsem II,
says the […]
- March 29, 2017 mahama can’t be guaranteed 2020 flagbearership – NDC The Ashanti Region branch of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) says it cannot […]
- February 24, 2017 I’m not even worth $2 million – Mahama
Former President John Dramani Mahama has rejected claims that he has a net worth of […]
- January 24, 2017 *A JOINT LETTER TO MR. AFRED AGBESI WOYOME**… Dear Sir,
A NEW COMPETENT ATTORNEY GENERAL HAS BEEN VETTED BY PARLIAMENT, AND IT […]
- May 18, 2017 Ken Agyapong losing hope in Bawumia
The man described as a “Gem” in the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kennedy […]
- April 2, 2017 Nduom thanks Cadman Mills for revealing secret about Mills’ death
Founder of the Progressive People's Party (PPP), Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom has commended […]
- March 23, 2017 I’m not surprised NDC lost 2016 election – Kwabena Adjei The immediate past Chairman of the opposition National Democratic Congress Dr. Kwabena […]
- March 24, 2017 Mahama’s return in 2020 will give us a one touch victory-Women’s Organizer The National Women’s Organizer for the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), […]