Police in the Ashanti Region capital, Kumasi, have arrested 24 men suspected to be involved in the stripping and beating of a lady accused of theft at Adum, Kumasi in the Ashanti Region.
This is after the woman reported the assault to the police.
The 24 suspects are currently in the custody of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) in Kumasi.
According to police sources, a screening exercise is expected to take place to identify those who took part in the mob action.
A video circulating on social media, detailed this instance mob justice from last Friday, which saw some men beat the woman in the streets, with some of them attempting to insert their feet into her vagina, until she lost consciousness.
The woman was allegedly caught attempting to steal GH¢1,100 from a shop owner in the PZ Area in Adum, Kumasi.
Her whereabouts, since reporting the incident to the police are unknown. A number of groups have condemned the action of the mob including pressure group, OccupyGhana who have demanded that police arrest, and prosecute to the full extent of the law, persons in the video seen stripping and sexually assaulting a woman.
The Police administration, since the incident in Kumasi, assured it was employing the use of technology to arrest and prosecute.
“The Police has commenced an exercise, employing the use of modern technology, including cameras to arrest and prosecute all persons who take the law into their own hands and exact instant justice,” a statement from the Police Service said.
Recommended for You...
- February 20, 2017 ‘Vagina assault’ culprits’ will be arrested – Police
All the perpetrators who manhandled a young lady who was accused of stealing […]
- March 5, 2017 Key suspect in Kumasi ‘lady thief’ abuse case remanded
A Kumasi Circuit court on Friday remanded into prison custody one of the key […]
- February 17, 2017 3 busted for stealing Glo back-up batteries at cell sites Three persons, who have been using a supposed state protocol vehicle to steal from cell […]
- February 23, 2017 Revealed: Attack on Policeman at Flagstaff House was revenge Information gathered by Kasapafmonline.com indicates that the stoutly built civilian, […]
- May 15, 2017 PHOTO: Funeral held for three fishes to prevent disaster Youth of Nyinahin in the Atwima Mponua District of the Ashanti Region have held a burial […]
- April 15, 2017 5 female ‘wee’ sellers arrested Five women are in the grips of the Assin Fosu Police Command for unlawful possession and […]
- May 18, 2017 Hot Audio: Galamseyer invokes ‘Antoa Nyama’ on President Akufo-Addo The man whose earthmoving equipment was torched by some angry youth at Abekoase in the […]
- March 20, 2017 Prophet Oduro Gyebi prophesied Kintampo accident a week before it happened Prophet Bishop Reindolph Oduro Gyebi, general overseer of God's Crown Chapel is said to […]
- April 8, 2017 Don’t embarrass government with violent acts – Sammy Awuku to NPP youth
The National Youth Organizer of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Sammy Awuku […]
- March 21, 2017 Ghana-born medical student achieves milestone at top US university
A lot of Ghanaians are sharing on social media the news that Ghana-born medical […]
- February 19, 2017 Kofi Boakye bids farewell to A/R
The outgoing Ashanti Regional Police Commander, COP Nathan Kofi Boakye, […]
- April 1, 2017 Court warns Bishop Obinim
The Accra Domestic Violence and Gender-Based Court has advised parties in the […]