Well, over the past few days Ghana has been enjoying the beef between the Uptown Energy Crew Leader, Yaa Pono (Solomon Adu Antwi) and the Shatta Movement Empire Leader, Shatta Wale (Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr)
It is to be noted that his ‘Pono’ from Yaa Pono means ‘Prince Of New Origin’.
The two artists from yesterday and today have engaged in a fierce lyrical battle after Yaa Pono came out with ?Noko?, which was a direct diss track to Shatta Wale.
It all started when Shatta Wale took to Facebook and made a live video suggestion that he doesn?t have any beef with Yaa Pono so the fans should stop trying to start up any beef between them after Shatta Wale prevented Yaa Pono from performing at his show which was organized in the New Cape Coast Stadium last 2 weeks.
However Shatta Wale in the said Facebook video kept referring to Yaa Pono as his ?Boy? which didn’t go down well with Yaa Pono.
Yaa Pono in a reply to Shatta Wale took to Facebook to put Shatta Wale in place.
He wrote: “I just saw the video this evening, Shatta Wale (Shatta movement) nobody be your boy. We be colleagues music wise, as at now I?m celebrating my godfather (Panji)?s new age so I?m with the family, I will be online for the first time on my new page tomorrow? #fasterthangods #badness”_
Yaa Pono is also believed to have dared Shatta Wale to do a f**king live video and “Say Fi” to initiate a lyrical battle between the two and Shatta Wale obliged with a release of a diss track to Yaa Pono called “Say Fi”.
This angered Yaa Pono to release the “Noko” track to also diss Shatta Wale back to respond.
Later again in the same day, Yaa Pono followed it up with another diss song called ?Gbee Nabu?, which literally means ?Dog mouth? in Ga language._
Shatta Wale now has indirectly conceded ‘defeat’ with a post on his Facebook account that says ?”Am done with this diss. Dropping the hit songs for the year. Life goes on. Anything he go do be my back case. #Knockout #Champiooooooon.?”
by Abena Konadu Dankwah/knowgh.com
Recommended for You...
- February 28, 2017 Shatta Wale Needs A Psychologist – Michael Ola
The mannerism of dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale is an indication that he is out of […]
- March 1, 2017 Shatta Wale Vrs Yaa Pono: Prodigal Of VVIP Teases Shatta Wale Rapper Prodigal of VVIP music has commented on the ongoing feud between dancehall […]
- February 19, 2017 Prince David Osei’s Birthday Message To His Wife Will Make You Fall In Love Over And Over Again
Actor Prince David is known as the loverboy for something, dude knows how to make his […]
- April 9, 2017 Historic!! Joe Mettle Wins Artist Of The Year At VGMA 2017 – Full List Of Winners
The 18th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards organized by Charterhouse is […]
- February 15, 2017 NPP Celebrities Mad Over Don Moen Ghana @ 60 Performance
Discussion has started on Don Moen coming to Ghana to perform at the gospel concert […]
- April 14, 2017 PHOTOS: Kooko conquers all at #AdomKwahu Linda Dor bash
Hiplife artiste, Kooko was the toast of the thousands of Easter revelers that […]
- March 14, 2017 Gay South African singer Kolo Bala has died of Anal cancer
The musician surrendered to a battle with cancer this morning at Groote Schuur […]
- February 25, 2017 Full List Of Nominees For 2017 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards( VGMA) The nomination list for the 2017 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards is finally out.
The event […]
- February 11, 2017 Lydia Forson writes: When the Counselor needs counselling
I came to accept a long time ago that for many men in Ghana especially, the value of […]
- February 23, 2017 WATCH: Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote reveals secret to his success on Peace Hyde’s show Undoubtedly Ghana’s most successful media personality, Peace Hyde has added yet another […]
- March 1, 2017 ITS ELEVATION TIME..TEXT C RUDEBWOY RANKING TO 1767.. MAKE IT HAPPEN…#PAINDEM
Rudebwoy Ranking is one of the key young faces who has been working very hard […]
- February 12, 2017 Afia Schwarzenegger gives reasons why Ghana @ 60 celebration is needless
Comedienne Afia Schwarzenegger believes spending millions of Ghana cedis for Ghana @ […]