President Akuffo-Addo is expected to begin a three-day thank you tour in the Ashanti Region tomorrow [Friday].
Speaking to Citi News, the Ashanti Regional Secretary of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Sam Pyne said the region is ready to receive the President. He said the President is expected to address a rally of party members on his final leg of the tour on Sunday, before returning to Accra.
“Whatever he is coming to do, so far as he is a President, he comes with state protocol. The only thing that will be purely partisan or purely political is the rally that we will be holding on Sunday so that is what we are looking at. The rest will be organised by state protocol. The rallies are about meeting with party people and talking about issues that are out and addressing the crowd to say thank you to them for the elections.”
A few days ago, the NPP’s Ashanti Regional Communication team announced a boycott on all media outlets as according to the team, the party had neglected them after the election. But Sam Pyne said the party had met with the team and resolved the matter. “It was yesterday that they boycotted radio.
The same yesterday, they tended that decision with another statement and they have started doing what they are supposed to do. We have been speaking to them and we scheduled a meeting with them to resolve this issue.”
The President since his electoral victory has been on a thank you tour in some regions in the country. He has so far visited the Northern, Western, Upper West and Upper East regions among others.
Recommended for You...
- January 30, 2017 I am not contesting for Presidency in 2020 – Dr. Kwabena Duffuor
Dr. Kwabena Duffuor has rubbished media reports suggesting he would be contesting […]
- March 29, 2017 mahama can’t be guaranteed 2020 flagbearership – NDC The Ashanti Region branch of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) says it cannot […]
- February 12, 2017 Akufo-Addo to buy four new cars soon – Sam George alleges The Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo government is planning to buy four new X-class Mercedes […]
- April 8, 2017 Don’t embarrass government with violent acts – Sammy Awuku to NPP youth
The National Youth Organizer of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Sammy Awuku […]
- February 15, 2017 Gov’t begins negotiations to extend IMF deal
Reports suggest that Government is considering extending Ghana’s program with the […]
- March 10, 2017 Akufo-Addo names Accra, Kumasi mayors
President Akufo-Addo has nominated the Greater Accra Regional secretary of the New […]
- May 21, 2017 Mzbel advices Mahama not to contest 2020 election
Controversial Singer Mzbel has advised former President John Mahama not to […]
- May 18, 2017 Ken Agyapong losing hope in Bawumia
The man described as a “Gem” in the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kennedy […]
- February 24, 2017 I’m not even worth $2 million – Mahama
Former President John Dramani Mahama has rejected claims that he has a net worth of […]
- February 23, 2017 Revealed: Attack on Policeman at Flagstaff House was revenge Information gathered by Kasapafmonline.com indicates that the stoutly built civilian, […]
- March 23, 2017 More cracks in NDC than NPP in opposition – Yaw Boateng Gyan The simmering tension and anger in the opposition NDC after its defeat last year does […]
- February 22, 2017 I’ll shoot anyone who tries to seize my car – George Loh
Former Member of Parliament for North Dayi, George Loh has threatened to shoot […]