Youth of Nyinahin in the Atwima Mponua District of the Ashanti Region have held a burial service for three fishes found dead in the Nyinahin Amaano river.
During the burial service, which was done same way as conducted for dead persons, saw the youth performing rituals to avert any tragedy befalling the community.
The dead fishes were discovered during a clean-up exercise undertaken by the youth to clear the river banks of filth. After the rituals they were laid to rest with a white piece of cloth.
Speaking to Kasapa News Monday, the Leader of the youth, Kofi Owusu said though it was not the duty of the youth to perform the rituals and bury the fish, they did so because those responsible were guilty of dereliction of duty, adding that the situation has resulted in unexplicable disaster hitting the community. He noted that three bodies were retrieved from an uncompleted building about a fortnight ago, however no rituals were performed before to taking away the corpses, which shouldn’t have been the case.
It is a taboo for fish in River Nyinahin Amaano to be eaten, either dead or alive, due to the traditional belief of people there that the fish represents the lives of people in the community.
“History about the river has it that when ever a fish from the river dies, a life will be lost. This means that, the town is sitting on a time bomb to burry a resident very soon, if the necessary rituals are not performed since three fishes have just been buried.”
He appealed to Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu ll help them and ensure that the traditional authority in the town performs its duties effectively.
Recommended for You...
- June 8, 2017 44th Major Mahama ‘killer’ arrested
The Ghana Police Service has arrested three more persons in connection with the […]
- February 22, 2017 “Vagina Assault” 24 arrested in Kumasi
Police in the Ashanti Region capital, Kumasi, have arrested 24 men suspected to be […]
- February 27, 2017 Ashaiman gas explosion: 8 dead, 4 vehicles burnt, dozens injured
Eight persons have been confirmed dead, four tanker vehicles completely […]
- May 18, 2017 Hot Audio: Galamseyer invokes ‘Antoa Nyama’ on President Akufo-Addo The man whose earthmoving equipment was torched by some angry youth at Abekoase in the […]
- February 19, 2017 Kofi Boakye bids farewell to A/R
The outgoing Ashanti Regional Police Commander, COP Nathan Kofi Boakye, […]
- February 20, 2017 ‘Vagina assault’ culprits’ will be arrested – Police
All the perpetrators who manhandled a young lady who was accused of stealing […]
- April 1, 2017 Court warns Bishop Obinim
The Accra Domestic Violence and Gender-Based Court has advised parties in the […]
- March 25, 2017 These photos of Hajia Samira Bawumia prove that she has not neglected her faith. Many muslims has been criticising Hajia Samira Bawumia that she does not put on the […]
- March 20, 2017 Disaster! Tree kills 20, injures 30 revelers at Kintampo Waterfall Twenty people are confirmed dead and about 30 others injured at the Kintampo Waterfall […]
- February 17, 2017 Rent revenue increases by over 4000% in 2016 – GRA Government’s revenue from rent increased by more than 4000 percent between 2015 and […]
- April 14, 2017 Hot audio: Woman, 67 dies after spiritual healing A 67-year-old woman at Nwenso Number One in the Ashanti region has lost her life after […]
- April 2, 2017 Former presidents have regretted ignoring my counsel – Asantehene
The Asantehene, Otumfuor Osei Tutu II has stated that his counsel to former […]