Twenty-two students of the University of Cape Coast (UCC) whom investigations found culpable in the clashes between Oguaa and Atlantic (ATL) Halls during a hall week celebration have been rusticated.
The students, most of whom are executives of Atlantic Hall and organisers of the hall week have been rusticated for two and four semesters.
At least three students were stabbed in March this year at UCC following a clash between some irate students of the University of Ghana (UG), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and UCC.
A UCC student was paralysed after he was several stabbed while trying to enter his hall from night studies.
The student, Emmanuel Quarshie, 18, who is receiving medical treatment at the 37 Military Hospital in Accra told Joy News, he begged his attackers to spare him while they poured kerosene on his feet.
Mr Quarshie who said he is also asthmatic is optimistic that with time he would walk again.
An eye witness who narrated what happened said some residents of Commonwealth Hall of UG and Unity Hall of UCC who had been invited for a programme at ATL Hall ended up attacking residents of Oguaa Hall due to a misunderstanding.
The skirmishes, the witness said erupted when porters of Oguaa Hall refused to allow some naked Vandals, Unity and ATL students into the hall.
Several properties worth thousands of cedis belonging to Oguaa hall was destroyed as a result. The hall’s bus and vehicles belonging to some lecturers were also vandalised.
The Central Regional police initially arrested some 22 students who were said to be involved in the clashes.
Authorities of the University promised to surcharge the students found culpable after police concluded its investigations.
Click here for the list of rusticated students.
Source: Ghana | Myjoyonline.com | Abubakar Ibrahim
Recommended for You...
- February 24, 2017 18-year-old daughter of MP for Asante Akim Central commits suicide on KNUST Campus Daughter of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Asante Akyem […]
- March 21, 2017 Ghana-born medical student achieves milestone at top US university
A lot of Ghanaians are sharing on social media the news that Ghana-born medical […]
- June 8, 2017 44th Major Mahama ‘killer’ arrested
The Ghana Police Service has arrested three more persons in connection with the […]
- February 17, 2017 3 busted for stealing Glo back-up batteries at cell sites Three persons, who have been using a supposed state protocol vehicle to steal from cell […]
- March 14, 2017 Articulated truck crashes 16 vehicles at Nima An articulated truck on Monday crashed into some 16 vehicles at ‘Commando’, an area at […]
- June 8, 2017 I didn’t kill capt. Mahama, nursing mother nabbed
One of the three persons dragged to court over the murder of Major Maxwell Adam […]
- February 19, 2017 Prince David Osei’s Birthday Message To His Wife Will Make You Fall In Love Over And Over Again
Actor Prince David is known as the loverboy for something, dude knows how to make his […]
- March 6, 2017 REMINDER: Nkrumah and Ghana’s independence struggle
According to the history books, 108 years ago on Sept. 21, 1909, Kwame Nkrumah, the […]
- February 11, 2017 Free SHS to begin from next academic year – Akufo-Addo President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo says government would fund the cost of public […]
- February 18, 2017 Obinim’s video tape shown in court
The trial of Bishop Daniel Obinim, the Founder of God’s Way International Church and […]
- February 19, 2017 Kofi Boakye bids farewell to A/R
The outgoing Ashanti Regional Police Commander, COP Nathan Kofi Boakye, […]
- March 20, 2017 NPP’s Invicible Forces in-charge of Kintampo Waterfalls – Angry Chief A Kintampo traditional ruler in the Brong Ahafo Region is accusing the invincible forces […]