Deputy General Secretary of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Nana Obiri Boahen says he is ready to meet his party’s Steering Committee.
In a leaked audio, Nana Obiri Boahen, could be heard saying the Presidency gifted the party GH¢50 billion in support of the conduct of the party’s 2017 National Annual Delegates Conference held at Cape Coast last August.
In that leaked tape, Nana Obiri Boahen also lamented about unfair treatment against him as an official of the governing party.
“When we were going to Cape Coast the other time, I was given GH¢3,000 as a member of the Resolution Committee and an additional GH¢2,000 for fuel. Meanwhile, the Flagstaff House gave the party an amount of GH¢50 billion”, Obiri Boahen said.
The NPP has therefore tasked its Steering Committee to investigate claims by its deputy general secretary that the Presidency gave the party Gh¢50 billion to conduct the party’s 2017 National Annual Delegates Conference in Cape Coast.
But lawyer Obiri Boahen indicated that although he made the comments, the claims were false, saying he deliberately made the comments to spur the person [Kwaku Skirt] on to make further revelations to him.
According to him, his party has confidence in him and therefore would take his plea into consideration if he is invited by the Committee.
“If the party invites me, I am ever ready to meet them. I can say without any hesitation that the party is taking very good care of me. But in all fairness, this is not a credible character for anyone to be making political capital out of a private conversation I had with him.
“My Acting General Secretary, John Boadu called to tell me about how dangerous this person was, and later reminded me that it was this same person who led a demonstration in the US against Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko”, he said.
“Appiah Stadium also called me with a private line to warn me about this character. Anytime they call on me, I am ever ready to tell them the same thing I’m telling you now”, Obiri-Boahen added.
Recommended for You...
- June 25, 2018 I’m not a mad man – Kennedy Agyapong tells NPP members
Controversial Assin Central Member of Parliament (MP), Kennedy Ohene Agyapong has made […]
- June 11, 2018 Dare Me And I Will Expose How NPP Won 2016 Elections – Kennedy Agyapong Warns The Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Mr Kennedy Agyapong, has threatened to […]
- February 25, 2018 NPP Suspends Members In Sunyani East Constituency
Chairman for Sunyani East Constituency Of The New Patriotic Party, Frank Musah […]
- December 28, 2017 Ghanaians will see the real corrupt people in 2018 – Akufo-Addo assures President Akufo-Addo has reemphasised his commitment to the fight against corruption […]
- December 24, 2017 My corruption fight still on course – Akufo-Addo President Akufo-Addo has assured Ghanaians that he is still committed to dealing with […]
- February 6, 2018 Shut up, you corrupt fellow! – Ken Agyapong tells Ato Forson Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Ohene Agyapong, has slammed the NDC […]
- August 28, 2017 Dagbong Forum has finally hit back at the deputy Minister for Agriculture- Hon William Agyapong This Press Release is in response to the unguarded, ill-advised, tribalistic and bigoted […]
- February 20, 2017 Soldier detained for leaking Flagstaff House cop brutality video
A military officer has been detained at a guardroom at Burma Camp for allegedly […]
- February 21, 2017 NPP Chairmanship: President Akufo-Addo dumps Freddie Blay
Mr Freddy Blay’s dream of clinching the ruling New Patriotic Party’s National […]
- July 5, 2017 Akufo-Addo didn’t win 2016 election fairly – Kennedy Agyapong reveals The governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin Central, has […]
- January 5, 2018 Ghs 14m Released By Government To Pay Teachers Arrears from 2013-2016 -Dr. Bawumia Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has disclosed that the Finance Ministry has released […]
- March 14, 2017 First batch of deputy Ministers undergo orientation
The first batch of President Akufo-Addo's deputy ministerial nominees underwent an […]