Northern Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party, Daniel Bugri Naabu after being defeated by Mohammed A. Bantima Samba, was seen leaving the Aliu Mahama Sports Stadium on both feet.
The incumbent, strapped in a bandage was pushed to the campaign ground in a wheelchair as well as getting his mangled car towed to the venue in a bid to gain sympathy votes.
But after losing massively to his contender, he was seen walking away from the elections grounds without his wheelchair.
He pulled a shocking 116 votes whilst his contender, Mohammed A. Bantima Samba, polled 312 of the 566 total votes cast.
Bugri Naabu on his return from a campaign tour in the region on Thursday, April 26 was involved in a near fatal accident but pulled through sustaining minor injuries.
It is alleged that Bugri Naabu feigned his accident just to gain attention and sympathy votes from his people but that didn’t turn out well for him as he lost the elections.
According to Bugri Naabu however, the rationale behind towing his car to the venue was to dismiss assertions that he had faked the accident to win sympathy votes.
Some section of Ghanaians who were also of the belief that the controversial NPP constituency leader faked his accident took to social media to mock him after he lost his position to Mohammed Samba.
Recommended for You...
- March 1, 2018 Obiri Boahen Preparing To Face NPP Steering Committee Deputy General Secretary of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Nana Obiri Boahen […]
- March 31, 2017 Akufo-Addo to begin 3-day ‘Thank You’ tour in Ashanti Friday President Akuffo-Addo is expected to begin a three-day thank you tour in the Ashanti […]
- February 27, 2018 NPP has abandoned me but I won’t talk – Obiri Boahen cries out Deputy General Secretary of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Nana Obiri Boahen has been […]
- April 6, 2018 Dominic Eduah Is The Perfect Person To Succeed Sammy Awuku As NPP Youth Organiser-Legon TESCON member speaks. This is the situation we find ourselves in at the moment as Sammy Awuku, National Youth […]
- February 19, 2017 Ghana fortunate to have Akufo-Addo – Rawlings
Former president JJ Rawlings has once again declared his confidence in President […]
- March 21, 2017 Mahama was incompetent – NDC MP Joseph Bipoba Naabu, NDC Member of Parliament for Yunyoo, has said former President John […]
- March 23, 2017 I’m not surprised NDC lost 2016 election – Kwabena Adjei The immediate past Chairman of the opposition National Democratic Congress Dr. Kwabena […]
- July 28, 2018 NDC: Kpandai constituency elections final results.
Kpandai constituency in the Northern region which was part of the 16 constituencies […]
- February 22, 2017 ‘Ayariga et al made-up bribery allegation’ – Kennedy Agyepong
New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Ohene […]
- March 10, 2017 Akufo-Addo names Accra, Kumasi mayors
President Akufo-Addo has nominated the Greater Accra Regional secretary of the New […]
- March 15, 2018 Ken Agyapong and NDC’s Sammy Gyamfi lock horns over Ibrahim Mahama There was a showdown on Multimedia’s Adom TV when the Honourable Kennedy Agyapong, […]
- February 26, 2018 NPP Man Collapsed After Losing Party Primaries The incumbent Nassara Coordinator of the New Patriotic Party in the Krowor Constituency […]