The President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has been called upon to call the Special Prosecutor nominee, Martin Amidu, to order for exhibiting signs of arrogance.
The reason, according to Assin Central Member of Parliament (MP), Ken Agyapong, is that Martin Amidu has started showing signs that he ‘is very arrogant and a man full of bitterness’.
“Martin Amidu is very arrogant, very very arrogant, look at the kind of arrogance he is demonstrating at the vetting committee? He just can’t take a simple joke…,” he said on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen on Tuesday.
Martin Amidu is currently before Parliament’s Appointment Committee.
But Kennedy Agyapong believes that the Special Prosecutor nominee has so far not shown signs that he is prepared to work with a “free mind.”
He thus called on the President, Nana Akufo-Addo, to call the nominee to order as his arrogance is choking lots of people.
“What kind of bitterness is that? Even some of us who were charged with treason and could have been sentenced to death if we were found guilty, we don’t harbor such bitterness….so he must be called to order,” he said.
According to Kennedy Agyapong, Martin Amidu will give the NPP Government lots of problems if the powers that be, fail to ‘tame’ him.
“All he has to do is just to call one appointee or the other for investigations and the NDC will begin trumpeting that there is corruption in this administration, he is going to be the beginning of Akufo-Addo’s troubles…,” Ken said further.
Asked if he was criticizing Martin Amidu because he feared he will be investigated by the Special Prosecutor, Ken said he did not fear him because “I have not engaged in any corrupt act.”
“I am only telling the truth, the man is too bitter and that is not the way to go,” he said.
Recommended for You...
- February 14, 2018 Martin Amidu will collapse NPP, mark my words – Ken Agyapong Controversial NPP Member of Parliament for Assin Central Honourable Kennedy Agyapong has […]
- February 16, 2017 Okudzeto fires back at Osei-Owusu’s “cancerous fabrication” over bribery scandal Member of Parliament for North Tongu, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has denied he confessed […]
- February 22, 2018 Amidu’s approval as Special Prosecutor is ‘victory for democracy’ – Allotey Jacobs Allotey Jacobs, NDC Central Regional Chairman, has described the approval of Martin […]
- March 1, 2018 Obiri Boahen Preparing To Face NPP Steering Committee Deputy General Secretary of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Nana Obiri Boahen […]
- June 28, 2018 Parliament Summons Kennedy Agyapong… Parliament has resolved to conduct a public hearing on Tuesday July 3 for firebrand […]
- June 25, 2018 I’m not a mad man – Kennedy Agyapong tells NPP members
Controversial Assin Central Member of Parliament (MP), Kennedy Ohene Agyapong has made […]
- March 14, 2017 First batch of deputy Ministers undergo orientation
The first batch of President Akufo-Addo's deputy ministerial nominees underwent an […]
- February 21, 2017 Akufo-Addo was ‘selective’ – Fiifi Kwetey
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo conveniently selected areas that suited his […]
- June 28, 2018 Tell The World How You Bought Your House – Agyapong Challenges Baako The Editor-in-chief of the New Crusading Guide newspaper has incurred the wrath of Assin […]
- February 18, 2017 Name your cabinet ministers – Haruna Iddrisu tells Akufo-Addo
Minority Leader in Parliament, Haruna Iddrisu has entreated President Nana […]
- May 18, 2017 Ken Agyapong losing hope in Bawumia
The man described as a “Gem” in the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kennedy […]
- February 17, 2018 ‘Saint’ Martin Amidu left badly injured More and more people continue to see something wrong with the gestures and utterances of […]