A Deputy General Secretary of the opposition National Democratic Congress,(NDC) Koku Anyidoho has dismissed reports that claims he’s said the party will not proceed to the courts to support any corrupt official of the erstwhile Mahama administration, who may be facing prosecution for alleged corruption.
Some online portals have quoted the NDC deputy scribe as saying the party will not storm the court to solidarize with the former government officials, adding that the relatives and friends of those officials can do that but not the entire party and its supporters.
Former President Mahama has on party supporters to solidarise with members charged with any offences.
Speaking at the 31st December Revolution Anniversary held in the Volta Regional capital, Ho recently, he said, “we must be prepared to face any prosecution that this government throws at us, but we must do so with commitment and solidarity.
“Solidarity with our colleagues who may fall foul of the law because the law says you are innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.”
But Mr. Anyidoho clarifying issues on Anopa Kasapa on Kasapa FM Thursday, said he doesn’t know any NDC former government appointee to be corrupt for him to have said such a person will not have support from the party when he/she is being prosecuted.
“We as a party will solidarize with our people, we’ll not buy into the propaganda of the NPP. The NPP will not use the courts to divert our attention from our re-organization exercise.”
Recommended for You...
- January 2, 2018 Asiedu Nketia dares Nana Addo to sign Special Prosecutor Bill into Law The General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress has Asiedu Nketia dares Nana […]
- January 2, 2018 Dela Coffie tears Mahama apart; calls him hypocrite A member of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Dela Coffie, has […]
- February 9, 2017 Those still keeping state vehicles should be ashamed – NDC Organiser
Peacefmonline.com is reliably informed that Former President John Dramani Mahama […]
- March 1, 2018 Obiri Boahen Preparing To Face NPP Steering Committee Deputy General Secretary of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Nana Obiri Boahen […]
- June 11, 2018 Mahama Can’t ‘Deceive’ Us Again Following former President John Dramani Mahama's pledge at the last Unity walk in the […]
- February 16, 2018 Atuguba presentation ‘insult of the highest order’ – Dotse A Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Jones Dotse has described as an “insult of the […]
- February 14, 2018 Martin Amidu unanimously approved as Special Prosecutor Special Prosecutor nominee Martin Amidu has received an overwhelming endorsement from […]
- February 13, 2017 NPP Government is useless – Kwaku Boahen
A Deputy Communications Director of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Kwaku […]
- December 28, 2017 Ghanaians will see the real corrupt people in 2018 – Akufo-Addo assures President Akufo-Addo has reemphasised his commitment to the fight against corruption […]
- May 15, 2017 Mahama causing NDC ‘great harm’ – Group
Former President John Dramani Mahama should not “dare” contest the 2020 […]
- March 4, 2017 NDC did a lot of ‘useless’ work and suffered for it – Kwesi Pratt
Kwasi Pratt Jnr. has hit hard at the erstwhile National Democratic Congress (NDC) […]
- February 22, 2017 President Akufo-Addo lied – Kwaku Asare
Despite the numerous plaudits President Nana Akufo-Addo received after the maiden […]