A preliminary report by a medical team at the Damongo District Hospital, has indicated that one female student of the Damongo Senior High School has died from a suspected case of meningitis while 12 others are on admission at the West Gonja District Hospital.
The 12 were taken ill on Friday and were receiving treatment at the school’s sick bay before they were later rushed to the hospital, where the deceased passed on.
The deceased, Nantomah Imoro Falila, a first year Home Economics student died on Tuesday December 12, 2017. The school’s head teacher, Kipo Harrison, confirmed this on Damongo-based Pad FM.
He said “the deceased collapsed this morning and was rushed to the hospital where she died shortly on admission”.
Sources at the facility disclosed to this portal that moments later, the rest also showed similar signs of the disease and were rushed to the facility and are currently responding to treatment.
According to him, it is a recurring phenomenon especially during the harmattan season.
Hospital authorities have been tight lipped on the current development.
The head teacher at Damongo Senior High confirmed the incident, but Health authorities declined to release the body to the family of the deceased despite pleas from the family.
Kipo Harrison said a medical team from the Tamale Teaching Hospital took the deceased’s blood sample to conduct autopsy on the body.
There has been a series of strange deaths in senior high schools across Ghana in the last few weeks.
Last week, 11 students of the Kumasi Academy Senior High School died in a similar fashion but after a number of tests, it was disclosed that they died from type A H1N1 viral disease.
Similar deaths at St Martins and Koforidua Senior High Schools were later attributed to meningitis after tests were conducted.
The head teacher concluded, “the situation has reportedly caused fear and panic among the continuing students as their currently writing their end of term examination ahead of the Christmas break”.
Recommended for You...
- December 28, 2017 Ghanaians will see the real corrupt people in 2018 – Akufo-Addo assures President Akufo-Addo has reemphasised his commitment to the fight against corruption […]
- August 5, 2017 Hon Kofi Tatablata DCE storms Kpandai Senior High School Education is the main priority of the Ghanaian youth, but quality education in Ghana is […]
- November 26, 2017 Decyple preaches with his music on Remixone Entertainment Show He is a little star amongst his peers and had shown love for music and song writing from […]
- July 13, 2018 MEET THE BEST MATHS STUDENT IN SUNYANI. The conscious understanding of mathematics to many students have it that; maths is […]
- September 12, 2017 District Chief Executive Of Kpandai District Cries For Development – Kofi Tatablata Kpandai District of the Northern Region perhaps is the most deprived district in […]
- January 29, 2018 ‘Your GH¢30 can’t buy my vagina’ – Student tells teacher Cases of sexual harassment of female students by their male teachers in senior high […]
- February 2, 2017 Tragic death of school kids: Gov’t foots burial cost
Education Minister, Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh says government will pay for the cost of […]
- February 22, 2018 Bull Dog Victim Calls For Support As Owner Abandons Her The woman who was attacked by a bulldog on Wednesday 24th January 18 in a house she is a […]
- August 11, 2017 14 year Old Girl Beats Rival To Death 14 year Old Girl Beats Rival To Death
A 14-year-old girl has allegedly beat her […]
- November 25, 2017 Starbow plane crashes at Kotoka International Airport Information reaching GhanaWeb.com points that a Starbow flight has been involved in an […]
- December 3, 2017 Stonebwoy to release 24-track ‘Epistles of Mama’ album December 12
Zylofon Media signee, Stonebwoy is set to release a ‘double album’ titled ‘Epistles […]
- December 24, 2017 17-year-old GSTS student allegedly shot dead by police officer Residents of Shama Junction, Ituma and Nyanikrom, other communities in the Shama […]