The Police Service has reportedly dismissed some 3,000 new recruits for failure to meet the basic qualification standards of the service.
The dismissal is at the instance of the new IGP David Asante-Apeatu, StarrFMonline.com sources have said.
The recruitment was made under the former NDC government, and under the leadership of former IGP John Kudalor
Some of the dismissed recruits, according to sources, did not meet the minimum qualification requirements for entry into the service, while others did not have certificates at all.
The IGP is said to have instructed recruits who applied with WASSCE to be re-vetted before admission while those who submitted BECE, NVTI, NABPTEX and City and Guilds certificates are to return home.
The affected recruits include those under training at the National Police Training School (NPTS) in Accra and the Service’s training schools in Kumasi, Ho, Koforidua and Pwalugu in the Upper East Region.
Recommended for You...
- February 17, 2017 I’ll resign if you produce evidence I threatened to sack teachers – Napo
Minister of Education, Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh, says he will resign if anyone […]
- September 30, 2017 Appiah Stadium is not a criminal – Baba Jamal
Former Member of Parliament for the Akwatia Constituency in the Eastern Region, Baba […]
- March 6, 2017 I Salute All Ghanaians – Ex Prez Mahama Tweets Former President John Mahama has urged Ghanaians to dedicate themselves to the service […]
- November 26, 2017 Free SHS voluntary contribution won’t work – Mahama Ex-president John Dramani Mahama says the challenges with the Free senior high school […]
- March 30, 2018 NDC’s Sammy Gyamfi threatens Chief Supt. Kwesi Ofori A member of the National Communication team (NDC) Sammy Gyamfi has issued a stern […]
- March 5, 2017 NPP only repackaged NDC’s ‘free SHS’ policy – Lecturer
A Senior Lecturer of Public Sector Accountancy and Finance at the Accra Technical […]
- March 28, 2018 Anyidoho cannot be jailed – John Ndebugri Deputy General Secretary of the main opposition National Democratic Congress(NDC) will […]
- September 24, 2018 DRIVERS AT ATONSU THREATEN DEMO OVER FUEL INCREMENT-KUMASI Drivers at Atonsu High School Junction in Kumasi have threatened to stage demonstration […]
- July 13, 2018 MEET THE BEST MATHS STUDENT IN SUNYANI. The conscious understanding of mathematics to many students have it that; maths is […]
- August 5, 2017 Hon Kofi Tatablata DCE storms Kpandai Senior High School Education is the main priority of the Ghanaian youth, but quality education in Ghana is […]
- June 11, 2018 John Mahama Leads Campaign To Reject Ghana Cards Former President John Mahama has described as illogical the identification criteria […]
- July 10, 2017 NPP backs Adwoa Safo’s claim about World Bank-funded SHS The New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Dome-Kwabenya Constituency is backing MP for the […]