Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Ohene Agyapong, has slammed the NDC spokesperson on Finance and former Deputy Finance Minister, Casiel Ato Forson, for accusing Ministers in the Akufo-Addo administration of the ¢5.4 billion uncovered by the Auditor General’s department.
Casiel Ato Forson has now joined the crusade for the prosecutions of officials who plundered the state coffers either through deliberate acts of fraud or oversight.
While he is convinced political heads in the former John Mahama administration cannot be held accountable for the ¢5.4 billion rot in the civil and public service, Ato Forson was emphatic that civil servants who presided over the fraudulent acts must be prosecuted.
This follows a 2016 audit of the finances of the various Ministries, Department and Agencies. The Auditor General, Daniel Domelevo has recommended the prosecution of officials who presided over the wrongful payments of up to 5.4 billion Ghana cedis.
But speaking on Adom TV’s Morning Show, “Badwam’ on Tuesday, Mr. Ohene Agyapong said the involvement of Mr. Ato Forson in alleged shady deals at his ministry nearly collapsed the sector.
His comment comes after the Auditor Generals Department uncovered that 5.4 billion were overpaid to contractors and other service providers in 2016.
“Ato Forson should shut up! He is the least person I expect to talk about officials spending monies and prosecuting them. He should think about his shady deals and how it affected his sector and stop the unnecessary rants” he noted.
According to him he has evidence to show that the NDC spokesperson on Finance is indeed corrupt.
“Ato Forson is now part of the problem. But I blame the NPP because they have given him that chance to make such unsavory comments. I need him one-on-one to show him his dubious deeds when he was the finance minister” he warned.
He further disclosed that he has confidence in the Akufo-Addo administration to deal with corruption in the country.
Recommended for You...
- December 24, 2017 My corruption fight still on course – Akufo-Addo President Akufo-Addo has assured Ghanaians that he is still committed to dealing with […]
- March 1, 2018 Obiri Boahen Preparing To Face NPP Steering Committee Deputy General Secretary of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Nana Obiri Boahen […]
- February 7, 2018 Shocking facts about Atta Mills’ death It has been six years since the death of former president, John Evans Atta Mills, but […]
- December 24, 2017 Alabi is best man to lead as NDC flag bearer – Quarshigah National Democratic Congress (NDC) presidential aspirant Prof. Joshua Alabi has gotten […]
- June 25, 2018 You are all winners – Mahama consoles defeated candidates
Former President John Dramani Mahama has sent a consolatory message to candidates who […]
- June 11, 2018 Dare Me And I Will Expose How NPP Won 2016 Elections – Kennedy Agyapong Warns The Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Mr Kennedy Agyapong, has threatened to […]
- December 28, 2017 Ghanaians will see the real corrupt people in 2018 – Akufo-Addo assures President Akufo-Addo has reemphasised his commitment to the fight against corruption […]
- August 28, 2017 Dagbong Forum has finally hit back at the deputy Minister for Agriculture- Hon William Agyapong This Press Release is in response to the unguarded, ill-advised, tribalistic and bigoted […]
- June 25, 2018 I’m not a mad man – Kennedy Agyapong tells NPP members
Controversial Assin Central Member of Parliament (MP), Kennedy Ohene Agyapong has made […]
- February 25, 2018 NPP Suspends Members In Sunyani East Constituency
Chairman for Sunyani East Constituency Of The New Patriotic Party, Frank Musah […]
- January 20, 2018 Ken Agyapong reveals how Alhaji Bature was poorly treated and rescued by Ibrahim Mahama The maverick NPP Parliamentary member for Assin North in the Central Region and senior […]
- March 4, 2017 NDC did a lot of ‘useless’ work and suffered for it – Kwesi Pratt
Kwasi Pratt Jnr. has hit hard at the erstwhile National Democratic Congress (NDC) […]